Home offices became a huge trend over the last nearly two years as many Americans found themselves working from home. While for some the remote work seemed temporary, with more companies choosing to remain remote, creating the perfect home office nook has been a huge renovation trend sweeping through the country. Here’s a few tips and tricks to help you get the perfect home office, even if you don’t have much extra space.
Separate the Space
Separating your office space from the rest of your home, without creating an unappealing “divide” is key in being able to enjoy both your office as well as your home separately, and still feel as if you can enjoy your home without being at work. A few easy ways to do this could be:
- Setting up a chic divider that can be opened and closed when working
- Using bookshelves with peep holes or open shelving
- Create an under the stairs workspace
- Build a murphy desk that can be opened and closed
Don’t Change the Style
One of the easiest ways for your office space to feel too much like work and less like home is by changing your design or color scheme. In order for the office nook to flow with your home and still feel like home, and not just like work, it is important to try and have your office décor, desk, chair, etc. match your current home’s style. Try using one of the following tips to help achieve this:
- Use an accent chair that matches others in the room instead of a rolling desk chair
- Put a small throw rug down that match the rest of your home and yet allows you to separate the space visually
- Try incorporating a blanket ladder either within the space, or to break apart the space, the blankets will make the space feel homey and inviting
While many people may wish they had an extra room to use as a home office, with so many different design trends and ideas, home offices are able to be used and enjoyed as well as provide great productivity from anywhere within your home, even without the extra space that used to be the “norm” for remote workers.
If you are ready to begin your next home renovation project, have extra space in your home that you would like to convert to an office space, or have any questions regarding your next remodel or renovation, please feel free to contact one of our design experts at any time.